What is a press release? You’ve heard these two words often if you own your own business. However, its deeper meaning somehow escapes you. You know a lot of people use it for business, and you know it’s an old and classic marketing strategy. But what is it about a press release exactly what makes it so crucial for a business owner? In this article, we’ll tackle all your questions. Read ahead about what to know about releases.
What is a press release?
Without delving deeply into details, let’s talk about the definition of a press release. In a nutshell, a press release is a specific piece of significant information regarding an important event concerning a business or organization. A press release is typically short and should consist no more than the standard 600 characters. It is concise, straight to the point, and relevant to a particular industry.
What do you do with a PR?
Once a PR article is written, it is then distributed through various channels. A decade ago, these channels only included newswires. The newswire is an information and news source where journalists would sift through to find interesting topics to write about. Back then, a press release is generally distributed to newswires in the hopes that journalists would pick it up and write a news article about it. Some of the most successful and Best Press release distribution service for editorial coverage include publication in national newspapers like The Times.
These days, however, the game has completely changed. With the use of the internet, a PR article can be distributed far and wide across the globe. This means that if a press release distribution is successful, you’ll be able to reach droves of potential customers that you wouldn’t have been able to reach otherwise. Furthermore, when you submit your press release online, it automatically becomes a news story. You don’t particularly need a journalist to reach your target audience. And it doesn’t stop there. A PR article can also work in search engine optimization, which is also a valuable business marketing tool in the world of e-commerce.
What are the benefits of a press release?
There are plenty of amazing benefits a PR distribution can give to a business. It doesn’t matter if your business is big or small. It doesn’t even matter what industry you are in. The bottom line is that a press release distribution can benefit anyone.
- It’s relatively inexpensive. Unlike any other marketing tool, you don’t have to break the bank when it comes to a press release distribution. In fact, aside from affordable PR campaigns, you can also submit your press release and have it published online for free.
- It increases online visibility. Press release distribution services nowadays often include distribution through various online and offline platforms. Aside from sending your copy to journalists and critical influencers, your press release can also be distributed through social media and email marketing, among others.
- It helps you build relationships with your customers. A PR is essentially another way to communicate with your customers. If you keep on distributing press releases that are valuable and relevant to your target audience, you will start earning their trust. And when your audience trusts you, they are more likely to buy from you.
How can I write a good PR article?
A successful PR distribution starts with a great PR article. The success or failure of your distribution campaign relies heavily on whether or not your news story is shareable and useful. Here are a couple of tips to help you write a great press release:
- Make it newsworthy. If it’s not worth spreading the word about, don’t bother.
- Create a great headline. Make it short, straight to the point, and attention-grabbing.
- Answer the who’s, whats, whens, wheres, and hows.
- Put the most relevant information first.
- Use images, videos, or infographics. Include anything that can make your press release more attractive.
- List some hard facts and numbers.
- Use a good quote. Get a great quote that can provide more insight into your story.
You’re right to be interested in the press release and what it can do for your business. A press release distribution, if done right, can help boost your brand’s visibility and can even help increase your sales. No matter where you are and whatever your business is about, you can seriously benefit from a press release distribution.