Blogging has fast become a buzzword in the world of SEO and digital marketing. Do you have a blog? Officially a blog has often been characterized as a frequent, chronological publication of content and web links. But blogging for your website has become much more than that.
Most blogs are written by one writer and are added to or updated on a regular basis. Blogs are often written by a person on similar topics and there as many bloggers in the digital world than you think of.
How does blogging make a difference to your SEO and digital marketing strategy? Well, to grasp a full understanding of blogging a very good place to start is to complete a digital marketing course which will cover the modern ‘art’ of blogging completely.
Blogging to promote your website
Is the amount of research, time and energy that is put into blogging paying off? It is true that many bloggers fail and throw in the towel, but effective blogging can be an essential part of your SEO strategy to increase traffic to your website.
One of the main ways to get more traffic to your website is to blog more often and keep on publishing articles. No matter what you are blogging about, research has proven that publishing more content on a regular basis will lead to an increase in website traffic. It’s just a matter of keeping at it.
It’s also a good idea to send an email to your subscribers whenever you post a new blog with the link and a little information on what the blog is all about.
Publishing regular articles is always a great way to grow your online network which has many benefits for your SEO strategy.
How to start a blog
Now that you have an understanding of how blogging is an essential part of your SEO strategy you can get started on your first blog. Excited? You should be as the possibilities are endless with blogging regularly.
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Choose your platform – There are many tools to use to get your blogging content on the web and there are many platforms to place it. WordPress has become by far the most popular blogging platform.
- Secure your domain – You’ll need to secure your blog domain to set up your blog hosting. Every blogger needs their own domain.
- Configure your blog – Once you’ve secured your blogging domain with your hosting provider, the next step is installing WordPress and it’s really easy to do.
- Design your blog – Think carefully about the design of your blog. As with all digital marketing, first impressions count a lot. Ensure all aspects of your branding from your website are incorporated and stick to the look and feel.
- Create great content – Make sure all your content is relevant, interesting and to the point.
Blogging and your business
Blogging regularly is a time-consuming aspect of an SEO strategy so you want your blogs to count and drive traffic to your website, right? Remember the days of blogs being reserved for niche markets? Well, those blogging days are gone and blogging has become a very real part of all SEO strategies.
Every SEO marketer wants results however to execute a successful blogging SEO strategy you need to manage expectations and be patient.
Points to keep in mind when measuring your blogging activity:
- Not all of your target market read blogs. But one thing you can be certain of is that they all use Google to find information. The good news is that if your blog contains the information the searcher is looking for they will find your website.
- As much as your target audience may try to avoid reading blogs, when they use Google search engine they will inevitably end up finding several blogs.
- When you’re blogging to increase traffic to your website you can’t just blog and sit back and wait. You will have to implement a good promotion strategy for your blogs.
- SEO is a vital part for successful blogging to promote your website. You will strengthen your SEO with frequent blogging.